It worked!
If you put a turkey in the oven, it will, in fact, cook. This is just like magic!
And even though my mother said it would take 6 hours to cook a 13 pounder, and the directions (thank goodness turkeys come with tags these days) said it would take 3.5 hours, it only took 2 hours 45 minutes from start to 165degrees in the breast and thigh.
I took the bugger right out and the meat was juicy and tender!
On the side we ate crackers with goat cheese and homemade cranberry relish, mashed potatoes, baked acorn squash and not one green thing at all.
The relish was fun. I blended a bag of frozen cranberries, yogurt, 1/2 orange, rind and all, 1 cup sugar and wished I had some horseradish. Fantastic with goat cheese!
Maybe I can do this Thanksgiving thing after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment