Monday, February 22, 2010

(...alleluia...)

shhh.... we arent supposed to say the above mentioned word!

As usual, I get my best ideas from my friends. They arent usually my actual ideas. :)

Here is one thing we are doing for Lent: Burying the Alleluia!

I simply printed out letters spelling A-L-L-E-L-U-I-A-! on the computer and pasted them to pre-cut card stock. These were pastel colored, scallop-edged postcards I picked up on clearance somewhere. It just so happens that they look Eastery.

I also found two Victorian Easter card images on a free clip art site. I printed those and affixed to the postcards as well.

Every thing gets strung together with a pretty ribbon- yet to be purchased. This makes a lovely Easter garland!


Now, since it is Lent, we put the garland in a box upon which is written "Do Not Open 'til Easter!"
That box will be hidden throughout Lent.

On Easter morning, we will have our usual Easter egg hunt, using plastic eggs. But this year, in addition to the eggs filled with coins and jelly beans, there will be one egg that sets off a treasure hunt! It will contain the first of a series of clues that will direct the children to the hidden Alleluia banner.

When I work out all the clues, I will post them on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment