
The last two days of my Novena are accompanied with the busyness of shopping for a pair of boy's suit pants. I have been everywhere. And after my shopping adventures, I highly recommend Good Will. I walked away with a small wardrobe of boy's oxford style shirts, dress pants and suit jackets for $12.50. Each item looked as if it had never been worn.
I am grateful for abundance. The abundance of clothing for a little boy who is hard to fit, and the abundance of DH's overtime pay that came right when it was needed. I experienced abundance in friendship when someone offered to take my children for a few hours, and my spirit was filled to overflowing as I walked into Children's Adoration as a blessing was being said. I fell right on my face, which is naturally what someone does when one walks into a room and sees Jesus 'eye to eye'.
Another abundance is in the love and support my children are receiving in their baptism and first communion. The short version of a long story is that we now have extra, very wanted, godparents. I will tell more about that another day.
I thank God for this abundance. But more so, I am amazed. Awed. Stupified, if I can be so frank! This universe- this God- is just amazing! I can witness that even though life is far from perfect and there are hardships in my family and in the families of friends. But all these challenges and conflicts compose life, and God allows beautiful things to grow from that rich and rocky soil. After all, rocks are good for drainage. We must continue to empty our cup in order to refill them. The rocks that allow our soil to drain also allow room for more filling up.
My family is ready. I have to put a meal in the crock pot for after tomorrow's mass, and I need to get cracking on some hemming. But otherwise, all is good to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment