Sunday, April 4, 2010

ALLELUIA!

This morning the children played Easter egg hunt in the house, and finally searched for the Alleluia Banner. Mommie had it stashed snugly among the dishes in the china cabinet. The children were so happy and excited, and when they found the banner, cried out "ALLELUIA!" for about five minutes!

Simple things are so wonderful.

Last night at the Easter Vigil, we watched:
 a toddler fall asleep on her mama...almost!,
the paschal candle being dunked enthusiatically into the baptismal font three times,
three new members join the church,
two bags of jelly beans devoured,
one Little Brother try NOT to fall asleep in the pew,
candles flowing into a darkened church,
stars in a deep black sky,
and a tabernacle as empty as the tomb!

The tabernacle is filled with God again. I was surprised to find how agitated and forlorn I felt when I saw that empty tabernacle on Good Friday and during the first part of the Easter Vigil.


No comments:

Post a Comment