It can be a challenge finding a concrete visual link for our family to ponder for each month's focus! April has been the month of the Holy Eucharist. Being a busy month, I didnt have time to plan anything elaborate to help us celebrate the Eucharist. In fact, we have managed to miss TWO Sunday masses this month. So we havent even received the Eucharist with gusto this month. :(
But, I did find this nice color and cut-out sheet of a Eucharistic monstrance. I LOVE to ADORE Jesus. I love being alone with Him, or bringing the children to say hi to Him. Jesus is always there, waiting for us. Every time. I feel sorry for my protestant friends who cannot sit with Jesus except in the Word. There is no sacred space to visit, no tabernacle to approach with reverence. I love that at any Catholic church I find, I can go in and know Jesus is waiting for me.
So, this little poster was up for the month of April. I chose a picture of Jesus with the children to put 'inside' the monstrance.
As May approaches, the flowers are bursting out! A friend encouraged us to crown all our Mary statues with floral wreaths. And we will also replenish the vase with fresh flowers throughout the month. May is the month of Our Blessed Mother! What a beautiful month!
She is so utterly beautiful. Mary has directed me frequently during my religious journey. There were times that she was with me, and I knew it, only I did not know it was her. Like St. Bernadette, I saw her only as this beautiful lady. She has walked with me through the shallow waters of a rocky beach, held me in her flowing garments, and lifted me up into the sacred breath of the Holy Spirit. All this giving simply to give...to give on behalf of her Son, to me. She has led me past the trauma of abuse and horrible men, to find the love and compassion of the Son of Man. I cannot wait to fully honor and celebrate Mary, our mother!


No comments:
Post a Comment