We had some fun foods tonight! First were the purple green beans from our organic food share. They started out a bit tough and... um, PURPLE! But after cooking they were tender and very flavorful. The taste is quite buttery and rich, just perfect with a mix of the standard green variety.
 |
| Green (?) Beans from the organic garden. |
For dessert, I made a sweet potatoe pie. Since I had no cream or whipped topping, I threw some marshmallows on at the last minute. Yup. That worked just fine! We couldnt even wait for the pie to cool before we sliced into it and ate it up!
 |
| Happy Marshmallows! |
 |
| A slice of sweet potato pie! |
And truly, no matter how good our fun foods are, there is nothing sweeter than this little potato pie! A little 10 month old who cuddles like crazy and loves to be rocked to sleep. I may not be having any more children of my own, so I have to steal them when I can!
 |
| Another slice of sweet potato pie! |
No comments:
Post a Comment