Sunday, October 3, 2010

Autumn, the Season of Change


I cant believe how quickly this past year has gone! It is fall again, my favorite, fleeting season.


Five tons of dirt. Mushroom compost mix. Most of it moved. Ugh.

My dad helped me... OK, did most of the work, enclosing our porch.

My aunt brought little sprigs of grass over at Easter.
I planted them at the end of the driveway and they GREW!

Coming around the back of the house...


Pride is picking up! Our prairie that lines the street over the creek.
Soon, I hope to cover the fence with wooden pickets.

Yes, it looks like a freshly filled grave! I moved this half ton of dirt for a butterfly garden. Some plants will be going in today, prairie seeds will be put down in late November, and more fresh plants will be added in the spring.

A red oak planted in the back yard.

A sweet little fir tree for the front yard.


Steps and a landing to our enclosed porch. I still need to paint it.


Prairie plants are taking off this year. Next year they will be even bigger and have more blooms!

The liturgical calendar is almost filled in! Only 8 more weeks until the new church year...Advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment