Sunday, October 17, 2010

Baked Pancakes

Well, yes. That basically makes it a cake. But the point is that the kids see me making a GIANT pancake in the oven and think this is cool.

I got the idea from Pampered Chef, since one of the few nice kitchen items I own is the bake pan.

You can also use a cast iron skillet. Because the super easy pancake recipe is just like making traditional cornbread.

You simply mix up your favorite pancake mix. While mixing that up, grease the bake pan and put it in a 400degree oven. Leave it about 5 or 10 minutes until it is nice and HOT! Then pull the pan out on the oven rack, and pour your pancake batter into the pan. Turn the heat down to 350degrees. Carefully push the pan and rack back into the oven. Bake about 15 minutes. Beautiful!

The edges are golden brown, and the cake is light and fluffy, but think enough to handle with hands. I would take a picture, but my camera is broken! AK!

Anyway, everyone has their favorite pancake recipe. But no matter the recipe, I always add a little sugar, vanilla and a dash of nutmeg. My mom taught me the nutmeg trick. It makes everything taste a little fresher and richer. We usually eat our pancakes by hand and with nothing added- no syrup. So a little sweet inside makes them more fun. Sometimes we put honey on top. And on ocassion we eat pancakes with strawberries.





No comments:

Post a Comment