Earlier in the week, a *health guru* informed me in a group of ladies that you should not eat anything that had a mother or has a face. Its too full of toxins.
While I am inclined to agree, I also must be practical. My kids have northern european heritage and they are not vegans. I think the sheep herding gene is hungry and drooling in my kids' appetites! My great grandfather who lived in Prussia was a shepherd before he came to this country. And even then, he learned the cheese making trade, like so many other Wisconsinites, and fed his family on meat, cheese, and the garden.
The main reason I avoid meat and dairy is because of the things added to them these days- hormones, antibiotics, herbicides on feed... but these things are everywhere. I truly dont know how to avoid them. Even if we eat completely organic foods, the environment- the water we drink and air we breathe- is full of toxins.
Humans are very good at adapting. We will have to be clever, be careful, and adapt.
Tonight, this was our dinner. Delicious!
![]() |
| Veggies before... Sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, cauliflower, potatoes, and carrots. |
![]() |
| Pork roast during.... |
![]() |
| And the final product. Juicy, carmelized and roasty, and mmmm-good! |



No comments:
Post a Comment