She got me to thinking about what I want out of this year. This is what I wrote in response to her article:
What a great postcard image! Interestingly, *magnanimity* was my word for two years ago. I worked hard to understand the nuances of it, and learned much about St. augie!I want to make a note to myself to dig deeper into St. Teresa's life and her teachings. Some years ago, I began to research and found myself in a gleefully deep and intriguing world! Is it possible for me to learn about her in one year? In a life time? I am unsure, but this will be my work for the year. I pray that St. Teresa will bring me closer to God and that my efforts will be appropriately intended.
Last year, I think my resolution was simply *survive*!
Apparently, I did. And that reminds me of the words of a beautiful friend who passed away a year ago, "God's grace got you this far. He will get you the rest of the way."
So this year... a word that I can uphold to lead me closer to my authentic self in God? Gratitude? Serenity? Charity? hmmm... I am driven to search st. teresa of avila for inspiration. I guess that becomes my resolution for the year: to follow the guidance of this doctor of the church, pray her prayers and learn more about her mystical understanding of love.
I cant wait to get started!
No comments:
Post a Comment