Of course you see the irony of my blogging about being screen free. :)
But I seriously see the value in recording how things go. Its very affirming.
So far today, HOURS of play in the snow. The temps are nice in the 40s.
Little Brother is playing with his GI Joes happily, and singing nonsense songs. Except that his nonsense song are always very deep and moving.
Both kids had a great discussion, while I was out of the room, about how they can work together nicely while doing housework. They expressed their views and feelings, listened to each other, and came up with workable strategies. Then they proceeded to help me with a huge chunk of housework over the course of an hour. I say they helped me, but in reality, they own their parts in this. They are very capable and willing.
I got some extra scrubbing done in the kitchen, going around the baseboards and floor on hands and knees, scraping and scrubbing those resistant mystery stains. Ew! I also enjoyed my cup of coffee while NOT catching up on e-mail. I just sat with the porch door open and listened to the birds and the sound of air moving about outside. BLISS!
The sounds- those slightest hints of spring actually put me and Little Brother to tears. Melancholy rose up in us and we found we desparately miss summertime. I hate winter. I get along ok with it, and its better here in town than out in desolate Stark county. But I hate it. I hate having the house closed up to the sounds of nature. And I hate the cold and wind enough not to go outside much. I cant wait for spring and summer and fall, when we spend every day, all day outside. !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment