Sunday, April 17, 2011

New Stove and Other Things

The boy-child can write PERFECTLY upsidedown. Weird talents my chidren have.
In preparation for the first food cooked on our new stove!
Love! Love! Love! Boiled eggs!
After three years of making a really sad stove and oven work, I finally get a new one!
This fancy label makes it look like a brand new car is parked in my kitchen.
Finally! A decently sized burner! The old stove had three tiny burners and one medium sized burner that only ran on high or low. Cooking was a constant challenge to keep the burner at some sort of consistent temperature but flipping back and forth.
Dual burner!!! Need I say more?!
My two every day use items. 12 inch cast iron skillet and stainless tea kettle.
I also have an awesome steel stock pot, but I would like it to be a little bigger. A shopping date is in order.
Our first official meal. This oven is BIG inside! I never could have gotten this much in the old one. And you might notice that the heating element on the bottom of the oven is protected by the easy-clean pan! Brilliant!
Big Sister loves to make books. This one is a humorous guide to making an orb spider web.
Reusing a paper plate for a chore list. I have been spending an extra five bucks a month on paper plates and paper bowls. Without a dishwasher, its hard to keep up on dishes. This is a fair solution, and I think the cost is equal to the rise in water cost and detergent cost. (Not to mention the dishwasher itself.)
And we are back to a coupon system for screen time. Each child gets one 30 minute coupon per day. Period. Brains are turning to mush over here and we have to get a grip!

No comments:

Post a Comment