Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tom Bombadillo- Immunity to the Ring

The kids and I are reading from my old leather bound copy of The Lord of the Rings. We just got through the Barrow Downs and are on to Bree where mysterious strangers and Rangers will meet under the sign of the Prancing Pony.

Life is good when you are reading a good book to your children. I am really not a fantasy buff in particular; it is the deep, meaningful message of life, and hope, and goodness in Tolkien's story that draws me in. Poorly written and reported on my part, all I can say is that its beautiful. Just beautiful.



Same text as the paperbacks, but somehow the story is richer when read from this tome.

I admire Tolkien's Catholic influence, his good, good heart, and his understanding of... can I use this overused word one more time? His understanding of what is GOOD in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment