![]() |
| Advent candles this year. |
![]() |
| While cleaning out a cabinet, I found the old family bible from Germany. Actually, I think its from Ohio. Printed in German for new immigrants. |
![]() |
| The candleholders look so pretty in the sunlight or candle light. A great dollar store find. |
![]() |
| Die Bibel makes a great stage for the Advent candles. |
![]() |
| Our St. Nicholas Feastday decorations, with various picture-stories of his life. |
![]() |
| All set on a door. Wall space is scarce in our small house. |
![]() |
| St. Nicholas did many more things than most people know! |
I should add that for the first time, the kids and I said a blessing over our Advent candles, and then blessed each other. Fun and easy. I used this source: http://www.loyolapress.com/family-advent-wreath-blessing.htm
There is also a Christmas tree blessing on that site I will use too.
Each night (OK, most nights!) We also light the appropriate Advent candle and sing a little song we learned through the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
Light one candle for Hope
One bright candle for hope!
He brings hope to every heart,
He comes, He comes!
And then repeat for Peace, Joy and Love. We sing Truth on Christmas day because Jesus is the Truth and the Way.







No comments:
Post a Comment