Thursday, April 26, 2012

Rosaries

I wonder if there is a 12-step program for rosary junkies... I love having something to do with my hands in the evenings when I am too tired to do any more work, but too awake to go to bed. And making rosaries feels very rewarding- as if I'm doing something worthwhile.

The kids and I gave away over 50 rosaries at a homeschool picnic last week, and it was such a joy to see each child and adult find just the perfect rosary! And of course, everyone loves these mission rosaries. Even though the materials are inexpensive plastic, they hold up like crazy, crumple into a pocket or purse and never break. Plus the colors of the beads are so varied nowdays that its a joy to see what colors can be put together.

Big Sister's favorite task: to find out the 'colors' of a particular saint and make a rosary in those colors. Green, brown and white for St. Joseph, cranberry red and blue for Mary, coral pink and white for St. Gwendolen... So fun!

I know the beads are the most dynamic part, with all the colors... but I cannot take my eyes off the wondrous crucifix!  


I

No comments:

Post a Comment