Saturday, April 14, 2012

Today Sucks ~ Except For That Silver Lining!

Today is one of those days that suck.

I am sick with the stomach flu. And I am the only adult. This is when it would be nice to have SOMEONE helping out.

The kids are doing chores, but they still need guidance, and I just don't have the energy. The chores NEED to be done. Today. I refuse to live in a messy house when there are two healthy, capable kids making an even bigger mess.

Of course, the vacuum is plugged up. It is perpetually plugged up because of animal hair, legos, tiny toys and bits of plastic. Not only am I sick- making the task of unplugging a vacuum take twice as long, but the vacuum is new... and has a piss-poor design, requiring me to remove 8 screws to get to the hose.

Won't you join my pity party? Tickets are free today only!

Of course, I have to look at the bright side. I REALLY want to attend Mass tomorrow, along with the Divine Mercy prayers that will be said. At least I am sick today, and should be better by tomorrow.

Of course, the ex is coming today and that sucks. But at least it will be short and he will go away again for several weeks.

I had to ask the kids four times and then yell at them to get them to help, but at least now they are doing a very nice job.

I couldnt eat or drink anything this morning, but at least now, a cup of tea is staying down. And it tastes SO GOOD!

I am out of antidepressant, but at least the drug store is only three block up... AND they have a drive through so I don't have to walk in there feeling like crud.

You get what I am trying to do here, right? I am trying hard to find that silver lining in this grey cloud. That is one thing I am good at.

Here is another one! The CAT FELL ON MY HEAD last night. He was on the table eating (cat food is up away from the dog), slipped and FELL ON MY HEAD, since I was crouching UNDER the table trying to access the dog food bin.

Can I repeat this? THE CAT FELL ON MY HEAD.

Of course he scratched the shit out of my head and face, seeing as I was a convenient place to stop a fall. With claws. The silver lining? The scratch marks are close to my eyeballs, but not IN my eyeballs. The scratches are 1mm away from where my glasses rest on my nose so that I can still wear glasses with a giant cat scratch on my face. Silver lining. See?

Well, I think I am all bitched out. No more complaints. Lots of silver lining. Please note my sarcasm here and laugh bitterly.

No comments:

Post a Comment