Sunday, February 24, 2013

$ Store Fun

I am a big fan of the dollar store. Yeah, I know there is a lot of plastic crap there. But there are also some awesome homeschool finds!

This autumn, our local dollar store had some great science experiment kits. Nothing too sophisticated, but definitely worth a dollar a pop! I bought several, stuck them in a bag, and stuck that bag in the closet for... the FEBRUARY DOLDRUMS!

The kids were bored today, after having been out in the snow for several hours, washing dishes, and dancing around. I brought out the bag and suggested they find something in there to do.

Delight! They are in the kitchen right now cooking up scientific concoctions.

Dino puzzle

Crystal growing tree

Gel balls. Squishy. Grow your own balls.

Dollar Store finds

Gel balls before squishy.



On another note, our dollar store carries those cheesy classroom supplies... you know, the bulletin board banners, attendance charts, and all the kind of stuff you would find at ...well, here: http://www.dollartree.com/teachers-supplies/208/index.cat

I picked up some giant calendars, and an attendance chart for each child's chores. They are working out great. I love the transparency of seeing four months worth of schedule on the wall for all to see. The kids thrive on the predictability too, and as they get older contribute a lot to the schedule.




No comments:

Post a Comment