It's true. I cannot easily load pics on the computer I am using right now. And blogs are way more fun with pics. For example, I might insert a pic right here- a pic of me, typing on the computer. You would get more bang for your buck with pics.
I am hoping that soon, I can get service at my home, on MY computer, which is equipped to handle pictures... the taking, the uploading, the transferring and the display of. Is this how scary the economy is? I am worried about making a commitment of $12.95 per month in order to get dial up in my home? Yeah. I am afraid so. That's groceries right now. I can make a lot of lentils for 13 bucks.
What I would love to show you today is how great things are looking in the homeschool department. I established some stations up in our main living area for the winter. During the summer, we work frequently outside, or in the basement with the doors open. But in the winter, I crave being close to the sun. And the basement isnt very sunny. So upstairs, in front of the 10 foot picture window, we have a *CONSTRUCTION ZONE* Basically we have a rotation of construction toys that will appear to be worked with in the mid-winter sun. Legos, wooden blocks, tree branch blocks, Lincoln Logs, and even stones are some building options. I will also bring out some of the Waldorf style play sets I created. These have wool-felt fairies with a bird nest theme, or a woodland theme, or a seaside theme.
In another area I set up a low table to focus on whatever culture we are studying each month. October is ancient China. (see the previous blog entry) In a nook in the dining room, is a chest with castles, pirates, soldiers, and pretty much any other entity that can wield a sword.
And lastly, near a comfy chair that flanks the stone fireplace, I placed a Bio-basket. This will hold books concerning the biography of the two people we are learning about right now, Abraham Lincoln and Amelia Earhart.
The basement schoolroom is still in use. But it is nice to have some places upstairs too.
No comments:
Post a Comment