Saturday, November 28, 2009

Some Extras for Advent!

Using the templates from Family Centered Press, I made this year's liturgical calendar. The calendar disc itself is about 15 inches across. The entire posterboard 18 X 24 inches. For each season, and starting with Advent, I will number the days. Then as each day passes, the kids can color the day in with green or purple. Celebration days can stay white, and perhaps a little sticker to notate the passing of Christmas and Easter seasons. This way, we focus on one season at a time, but by the end of the year we will see just what we have experienced.
Glued around the edges of the calendar are prayers and images that are important to us. The kids can memorise a few more prayers this year, such as The Act of Contrition, a morning prayer, and The Apostle's Creed. We can add more small images as we go. I also glued on some holy days of obligation and what they are about. For myself, I MUST memorise the Hail! Holy Queen this year. That is my challenge!


OK. I couldnt help myself. I ordered the three Biffi books offered through Family Centered Press. After searching around online for a cheaper alternative, I see that FCP has a good deal. It is hard to get books that are out of print!

For the Biffi books: http://family-centered.com/?p=927

Our Family’s 2009 Advent Reading Plan, by Jennifer Gregory Miller, http://familyfeastandferia.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment