Thursday, December 17, 2009

Big Boys Need Outdoor Time

and so do Big Sisters.


Today is above freezing, and the sun is actually shining- a good day to be outside and get some energy out! Big Sis went straight for the creek. Little Brother is feeling pretty frustrated today. After an HOUR of mommie being merciful and understanding, but definately firm, Little Brother finally embraced being outside for a time. He has joined Big Sis in the creek for an adventure.
Muck boots are important gear for the creek, even when the water is all iced up on top. When I was a kid, my sisters and I spent most of our time in this creek, winter, summer, whenever. We just dealt with the wet, cold, semi-frozen feet. I guess I am more protective than my parents were. I insist on mittens and waterproof boots.
Still, it seems there is some risk to having two kids in a creek in the city. But how can we live our lives if we are always in fear? Ya' gotta have some fun, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment