It was actually really nice to have Toddler. normally, Little Brother is constantly in physical contact with me, and sometimes even resorts to sitting on the floor during part of the mass. Even though this is getting much better all on its own, it seemed an interesting twist for Little Brother to see the needs and actions of a younger child. Maybe it helped him to feel his age and be a Big Brother.
And besides that, it is irresistable to hear Toddler's little voice saying, "Baby Jesus" throughout the mass! So sweet!
Part of me was bummed out that we didnt get to talk. Then I realized that it was just as filling, and perhaps moreso, simply to be at mass together. A different kind of togetherness. it was nice.
Traffic in Town was NUTS! By the time we made it to a 1pm lunch with Two Friends (and kids), got out of there and drove to The Heights to find out the one store I wanted was closed, it was 4pm, and I had spent over an hour in the car in what should have been less than 15 minutes of drive time. urgh! But... we sang the rosary during that time. I enjoyed that time with Big Sis and Little Brother.
So anyway, I have not gotten paint. And Iam debating the wisdom of going anywhere near the NW ends of Town where the hardware stores are. I think I will go to the Locally Owned Mom & Pop Hardware just blocks from my house, even though it will take a long time to get service. They are nice, diligent, but not always so fast.
OK, long email. Maybe that can double as my blog today! Seriously.
I will give you a call if/when I get a chance. Thank you for being a merciful, honest, and steadfast friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment