Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Labels Are For Jars

PBS was showing Independent Lens tonight, covering the history of a Massachusetts RC Parish and their struggle to integrate Hispanic and Irish parishoners. What a great indie film! A must see. Here is a link with a preview of the show, which is airing this month.

The parish put together a fantastic program to feed the local people who are hungry. Surprisingly, most of the hungry in their town are not homeless, but rather working class families who dont make enough money to pay all their bills. When I compare that to many of the families I know, I believe it. Pay medical bills or grocery bills.

One way the parish is funding their program, which includes a restaurant style food kitchen, is through the campaign Labels Are For Jars. That is where the cool t-shirt logo above is from. There are lots of cool t-shirts to choose from: Addict, Prisoner, Slacker, Geek, and many more.

Check it out.

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/scenes-from-a-parish/
http://www.labelsareforjars.org/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment