I think I've got the hang of the Seven Quick Takes:
1. Big Sister made oatmeal, with vanilla and flax seed, for Little Brother's breakfast...and then cleaned her work area and washed the pot! (Bonus ~ she spilled vanilla and the kitchen smelled amazing for several hours!)
2. Little Brother went from feeling growly and desperate with a visiting 15 month old, to kind and helpful within five minutes.
3. DH took out the garbage, removed some extra boxes, straightened up the front porch, AND bought cookies for dessert in ONE FELL SWOOP!
4. We got sad, but not end-of-the-word news from a Sister of the Community of St. John, who has spiritually adopted our family. (and we have adopted her in our hearts as well!)
5. A wonderful, local attachment parenting group I have associated with for nearly a decade is THRIVING!
6. I have amazing and beautiful friends surrounding me and my family. I am SO fortunate to have such diverse, deep, thoughtful, caring, and decidely human friends!
7. With the beginning of the new week, I get to say The Rosary over again! Because it is the dreary time of year, I have been unable to say the Sorrowful Mysteries without feeling resentment. So I am inverse-Lenting the situation. During Lent we often sacrifice a treasured item. However, right now I am going to let go of something less than pleasant that I normally discipline myself to do. I am going to treat myself to the Joyful, Luminous and Glorious mysteries during this liturgical growing time, and will add the Sorrowful Mysteries come Lent.
No comments:
Post a Comment