Friday, February 19, 2010

The Kids Are Watching Star Trek...

...so I have some time to blog!


Yes, it is true. We are screen free right now. Just not at this very, exact moment. Moderation in all things, yes? We have cut back to only watching TV 2 or 3 hours per week. This is a huge improvement upon what was going on. I will not count up the hours. That would be painful. Our days, however, are much easier without TV. The children and I can all focus on our work and play.

OK I know what you really want to know. Who is this orange, friendly face? This is Carrot Man. Or...it might be Carrot Lady. Its kind of hard to tell without the hair. How is it that carrots taste better when they are smiling? Ask my kids.


Here is a book I recommend along with a neat blog entry praising the author. Repentance is concisely written, but Eastern and mystical in its theology. Each short chapter is easily read and packed with poignancy. The Way of Repentance, by Irma Zaleski

Ah! Here is a site featuring an article writen by Zaleski. Madonna House no less!
http://www.madonnahouse.org/restoration/2006/03/the_joy_of_repentance.html
Boys are happier when they have a clear, effective task to complete.
Cats are happier when they have each other's ear to whisper into. and lick. and sniff. and chew.

Every cat is happiest with a basket and sun in a window.

Happy children with Carrot Lady and Carrot Man. I can tell now, 'cause of the hair. Carrot Man has a Bart Simpson-esque pointy doo. Carrot Lady prefers wavy locks.
One more thought- my mind is all over tonight - when you take communion, do you ever hold the little round Body of Christ in your mouth, keeping it on your toungue as long as possible, in awe of the fact that He comes to you this way?! The Eucharistic mystery just blows my mind. I guess that is why it is a mystery. I dont know how to explain it. I want to savor the physical sensation of having Christ in me and never let it go. But alas, He must continue past my sensory abilities and become spiritual food.
And on that thought, I am heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment