
My first experiment putting a video on blogger!
Please click for a short lesson on magnets!
Little Brother had some fun last night experimenting with magnets. There is something about little boys! We read a story about magnets, and he immediately wanted to collect the items mentioned in the book and go to work. He needed no suggestion or prompting on my part.
This is so different from Big Sis, who would much rather discuss the theoretics of, and possibly feeligs, emotions and relationships involving, magnets.
I must confess that I myself, spend a great deal of energy considering how to make an experiment official, quality, worthwhile... I want the set up to look nice, all the necessary items to be lined up properly, and to verbally discuss each step of the procedure before it occurs.
Is this just a girl thing? Thank goodness for testosterone! It must be the stuff that allows boys to cut through the preparations and just DO IT!
We did come across one small problem with the experiment. We had no corks upon which the magnetised needle might float. I was sick with the tummy flu, and the thought of running to the gigantic craft store just to get two tiny corks was out of the question. So I had my own momentary scientific exercise.... What else floats and will receive a pin? Of course. Apples.
We cut two tiny squares of apple to serve as corks, and ate the rest.
The above video is too sweet to me. You might note that at the end, Little Brother attempts to say "Bon Jour", but can't quite remember how to make that come out of his mouth. And then he immediately goes for a slice of apple. :)
Maybe I am partial, but he sure is a great kid!
No comments:
Post a Comment