Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Seven Quick Takes ~ Preview Tuesday!

It isnt Friday, so I wont do a review of seven things that happened this week. Instead I will predict ahead and do a PRE-view.

1. I predict that the children and I will further develop a healthy rhythm without the TV screen constantly luring us! We will play more board and card games, get into some toys in deeper ways than before and focus on school work.

2. The family's meals will become easier to accept. Little Brother, who suffers from "I can only eat things in shades of white and beige, except cauliflower" syndrome, is going to be more and more willing to try different foods this week. He will enjoy a treat of steamed brocolli almost every day!

3. I will set up a Waldorf play area in our front room, complete with simply felt dolls, play fabrics and silks, and natural materials and playsets that include fairies, feathers, wicker, bark, driftwood, pebbles, and more...

4. I will complete a Novena and become prepared to bodily accept Christ, who will become my own flesh as I surrender to become His own flesh. (Freaky but Awesome!)

5. The kids and I will have a great outing on Wednesday, as the roads are plowed from six inches of snow and we traverse across the countryside to the Community of St. John for mass. And then further on to a friend's home for a book study, hot tea, and warm friendship.

6. A dear family up the block from us will share yet another wonderful meal, cooked by two eager chefs, with a combination of groceries and spices from our two households. This has become a rhythm of necessity, but also a tradition of friendship and connection. These dinners are a little chaotic, a little crowded, a little crazy, but SO worth our close moments together. As a side note to this, it particularly occurred to me during a joint-dinner last night that THIS is living life to its fullest! Sharing meals with friends is probably the most human of traditions.

7. We will attend book club at another friend's home. I will enjoy the warmth and companionship of many friends, observe the special way our hostess draws in the admiration of the young girls, and cuddle up in the cozy decor and life of this heart-filled home. Little Brother will enjoy more playtime with two or three boys who also like to construct castles and wage war, and Big Sis will begin to bounce and smile as she connects with other book lovers and responds to the special way our hostess sparks the girls' passion.

OK. Those are my predictions. I will be back Friday to see what else has occured this week.

1 comment: