Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Consecration To Mary, Our Mother Too

I just LOVE this icon. Someday, I will buy it. :) 

This month our family is praying and contemplating our consecration to Mary, Our Blessed Mother. We are SO fortunate to have a religious community nearby, where the sisters are organizing a consecration. They have recommended that we focus on four things this month, one topic per week.

From the sisters' recommendation, I made up this prayer banner.

Click pic to enlarge!

The sisters suggested we focus on one thing each week, during the month of preparation for consecration. (Whew! What a mouthful!)
Week One: Service
Week Two: FIAT! Obedience
Week Three: Thanksgiving
Week Four: Adoration

The children and I said an extra prayer each night in addition to our usual Hail Mary, Our Father, Guardian Angel, Glory Be, and God Bless___. This prayer was written by one of the sisters several years ago, but is a favorite of mine:

Oh Mary, Mother of Jesus,
Be my mother too.
Help me every day
to do what you would do.
Here is my heart,
My hands,
My mind...
All I am I give to you!
Oh Mary, Mother of Jesus,
Be my mother too.

I asked Big Sis what we were giving to Mary when we say that prayer, and she responded, "Everything we are so that Mary can lead us to Jesus' love!"

The consecration was amazing. It took/takes place on May 31st. (Since I am editing this post, I am writing an update as well) When I have more time, I will try to post on this glorious and joyful event!

No comments:

Post a Comment