Monday, June 28, 2010

A Few More Things...

A friend who has been with our home for a long time. The ultimate face-palm. :) Peeking at YOU!

Pale Purple Coneflower

Swamp Milkweed and Jerusalem Artichoke

My very first Rattlesnake Master. I have always wanted some among my prairie plants and finally it is growing well! Its just a baby, but already so exotic compared to the usual bucolic coneflowers.

I finally feel as though I am earning this statue. I bought my Good Shepherd last week at a training for The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, commonly known as Atrium. I have completed the first third of the first year of training. There is still quite a ways to go. But compared to other trainings and classes I have taken, this one has been the most organically and intuitively *right* for me. I have struggled with so many paths, being unsure about how or when to proceed. Yet this path is clearly opened by the Holy Spirit in such a way that I never even needed to debate it internally. It has all been so easy... and sometimes that is how I know it is right. I wish I could put down in this blog how amazing the program and training are... perhaps another time.

Now, the Miraculous Medal at the Good Shepherd's feet is a gift from Sisters Pushpangeli and Stellainda of the Missionaries of Charity. The medals have been blessed and touched to the grave of Mother Theresa. When I told the children this, and gave them each a medal, they knew just where to place them. One at the foot of our new Good Shepherd, and one at the food of a Good Shepherd statue gifted at a first communion.


No comments:

Post a Comment