The prairie plants I put in two years ago are looking great! The tall plant towering over the garage wall is Joe Pye Weed, and it wasnt doing so great at the old place. If lucky, it got about three feet high. This year is over 10 feet tall, and hasnt quite bloomed yet.
I thought I would stick Big Sis in the garden to show scale. She is five-foot-three.
Little Brother is learning a lot from his Papa. I can remember hours of watching my Dad work on projects. He is a talented and able man, and a wonderful role model for his grandson. While Papa is simply showing Little Brother how to hammer, he is truly showing him so much more.
Gramma and Big Sis are so similar in so many ways. How wonderful for these two to continue a relationship, living across the street from one another. I think things truly clicked for Gramma and Big Sis on our third Thankgiving... Something about that turkey just helped them to bond.
The Beebalm is beautiful... and the bees love it. So do the butterflies and hummingbirds.
I had to get this closeup, albeit a bit blurry, to show the pollen-laden 'baskets' on the bumble bee's legs. This has always fascinated me!
And here our friendly and busy bees are enjoying the milkweed plant as well. This photo was from two weeks ago, but more recently, gobs of butterflies are flocking to the milkweed.








No comments:
Post a Comment