Some of our summer fun is including math games this year! I never thought math would be something I considered for summer fun, but it is working out. Another mom I admire is inspired to lead and set up five games a week for us, I host, and two other families join in for the fun. So far, so good. :) We primarily use Right Start games, and sprinkle in a few extras.
It took some persuading, but boy was Little Brother PROUD when he finished labeling a thousand chain with flags that count off by tens. This time he did it with Mommie's help. Soon, he will be able to do it all by himself.
Big Sister and Friend REALLY enjoyed the new challenge of Sudoku. They got into the game for a good 40 minutes and completed several sets.
This game uses pentomino shapes much in the manner of tangrams. We took the competition and time limits out of the game and made it more fun for all. Cooperative games are always more fun for young children.
In case you are admiring that AWESOME t-shirt the cool mom above is wearing, you can design one just like it. Just go to this website and put your thoughts on your shirt!
www.zazzle.com/custom/tshirts
Even unschoolers like the occasional structured math game!



No comments:
Post a Comment