Monday, June 7, 2010

Prairie Plants

I am working hard at allowing a prairie to overtake my yard. It might be a few years though. Right now I have lots of green, young plants, and not so much actual rolling prairie. Along with the plants I brought from our farm house, I now have 50 new starts just added to a strip of land by the roadside.

Here is a list of plants that I now have, even though mine are not yet flowering or even mature enough to do so:

New Jersey Tea
                                              

Purple Prairie Clover

Pale Purple Coneflower

Rattlesnake Master

Prairie Blazing Star

Wild Bergamot

Lead Plant

Obedient Plant

Slender Mountain Mint

Grey-Headed Coneflower

Little Blue Stem

Big Blue Stem

Prairie Drop Seed

Butterfly Milkweed

New York Aster

Black Eyed Susan

Spiderwort

Golden Alexander

My plants from our old farmhouse, transplanted. Prairies can be tough to landscape with as they dont all flower the whole summer long. Right now we are between spring and summer blooms. Lots of green.

                                  
Here are the new plants! Its going to be a few years before they get BIG! A new fence is coming soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment