Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Spiritual Direction for the Month of August

Learn more about Padre Pio HERE

Its always good to see my spiritual director, a small town parish priest whom I have know now for...almost three years, I think. Funny, it seems like I have known him far longer. :)

I have been trying to glean three 'assignments' each visit. For this month:


MORNING
Tape the morning prayers to the wall right next to my bed. That way, when I get up in the morning, the very first thing I see... and do... is prayer. Prayer before peeing. That is my new motto...but dont worry. I will try not to say it too often. The greatest desire to say morning prayer is in my need to offer up my daily sufferings.

NOON
Memorize the Act of Contrition. Seriously. It comes as a surprise to me each and every time I confess. I think I am so wrapped up in saying a good, honest and complete confession that I simply forget the Act of Contrition! So I end up fumbling around looking for a copy somewhere. I am good at memorizing, so this really shouldnt be too hard. The key might be in saying it every night along with bedtime prayers. A little-confession each day goes along well with an examination of conscience.

NIGHT
Find and schedule an overnight women's retreat for myself at one of the wonderful facilities nearby. I need and deserve to take a few days to myself and grow closer to God. I am feeling the need to do this before the weather gets too cold and snowy.

Padre Pio the Confessor

No comments:

Post a Comment