Friday, September 24, 2010

From One Extreme To The Other

An eventful day today. In some ways I feel like I didnt get much done, which is strange because I am exhausted! But then I look at our schedule and think..."ooohhh..."


The day was a blur!

It started with a midnight bedtime last night! The kids and I had attended a Stop the Hate Vigil at the American Baptist Church, hosted by our local Interfaith Alliance. Children from a United Methodist church sang, as well as some young ladies from the Islamic Center up the street from us. The Methodist kids sang a rock version of a bible song, and the Muslim girls 'chanted' verses from the Koran and discussed the Five Pillars of Islam. It was a neat night...but by the time we got home it was almost 10pm, and then we were wound up...

This morning Little Brother got to have a birthday breakfast with his great aunt. Then they went to the park, did some shopping, and Little Brother ended up with a cool military issue camouflage hat. I am teaching him that a gentleman takes off his hat for a lady and when going in doors. Most boys and men dont seem to know that anymore.

Then Math Games, a quiet fun gathering of mamas and kids to review and enjoy Right Start Math games, and Children's Adoration at the Community of St. John. We picked up Chinese on the way home. Egg Drop Soup for Big Sister, whose braces are prompting her to eat soft foods only, brocolli chicken for my brocolli craving little boy, and dumplings for me!

On our way home, however, we spotted circus tents at the parish near us...A CARNIVAL! So after dinner, we headed over. Unfortunately, Little Brother got the full carnie experience. A nasty, toothless woman started screaming - and I mean SCREAMING - at him for going the wrong way in the fun house. He got scared, and thus stuck, and the woman tried to charge his sister a ticket so she could go in and rescue him! I think we met the wicked witch of the west in person. It took about 10 minutes of tears to recover from that.

Fortunately, there was a great pumpkin ride that cheered Little Brother up! He had a blast after that. We ate cotton candy, rode a few rides, enjoyed the lights and music, and then played on the playground.

A very happy girl!

Everything is easier with Big Sister's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment