Wednesday, April 25, 2012

More Yard Work

Mr. Squirrel found our new feeder! I was hoping the Jays would have a chance, but these little city squirrels are FAST! 
I am planning to fill all this section in with mulch. Mowing is difficult in these narrow areas along the fence, and I've been wanting to plant some shade plants by the house and giant maple as well. In the corner by the bird feeder, its quite sunny so I will put in a butterfly garden.
Big Sister has asked for a patch of earth all her own in this area, just like Miss Mary in The Secret Garden. I can't wait to see what she does!

The new brick boundary dividing the lawn from the mulched area. It looks larger in this picture, but the border is only 10 feet from the tree, and quite shady. You also cannot see all the roots and poor grass growth from this pic, but the grass is sparse. This is a great project and I am so happy to get more pretty plants in my yard!

Best of all, a little walkway will extend from the front gate to the side porch door, and then into the rear yard. Little Brother has taken on this task, carrying and hauling heavy pavers and designing this charming path. He wants to put moss between the pavers, and possibly some pretty groundcover. I think it looks charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment