Friday, February 5, 2010

Novena ~ Day One

This morning, in the darkness of the 4:30 am world, I prayed the first series of prayers for a Novena on the Eucharist. I am preparing for my First Communion on February 14th. Fr. V, my spritual director and the priest who will facilitate in my family's reception into the church, recommended I say a Novena to prepare.

This is a good suggestion since I have been focused on preparing the children, and had, until recently, forgotten about my own need for preparation.

More on this later. At the moment, Big Sis, Little Brother and I are leaving the house to visit Jesus as he rests in the monstrance, upon the altar at St. Jude Church. We need your presense today, Jesus. I am hearing ugly words coming from my children's mouths as they adjust to a world without TV and computer screens. They are frightened. Big Sis said last night that if she doesnt have a computer game to keep busy, she is afraid she will remember how much she misses some of her friends. These friends are in traditional or public school. They have school until 3pm, then have homework, dinner and bedtime. Lessons fill in their only free time, so they cannot play. This is hard. My focus is to get more time with homeschooling girls of Big Sis's age in order to fill her need.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you as you prepare for upcoming Eucharist! Will pray for peace as you embark upon the screen fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your prayers! This family keeps yours in its prayers also!

    ReplyDelete