OK. Apparently the bank is closed today, as it is a holiday. July 4th was yesterday, a Sunday, so today is the day off. I will have to wait to withdraw grocery money until tomorrow. So instead, Little Brother and I went and got 15 dollars worth of groceries and a Little Ceasar's Pizza.
Little Brother was SO proud of himself. He checked out all the groceries in the U-Check automated line. He inserted money into the machine, collected the change and carried the bag out to the car. At the pizza place, he went in by himself, ordered, paid and brought everything out to the car. As he got in the car he announced, "I guess I really AM a big boy today!" just grinning from ear to ear. Apparently the clerk, whom I could see through the window where I parked, asked Little Brother his age. He announced "Seven" and she replied, "You are a great helper for such a young kid!" He ate that praise up.
Since we could not go to the store, the children and I instead went to our local museum, which is hosting a Lego sculpture exhibit. http://www.brickartist.com/gallery.html We did have some fun creating our own Lego sculptures, and viewing Sawaya's amazing Lego creations. After returning home, Little Brother worked on his own Lego's for over an hour, while Big Sis listened to music, wrote stories and had 'alone' time in her room.
I spent a few minutes searching for pics of pollen...

No comments:
Post a Comment