Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dreams...

I. could. not. sleep. last night.

I tossed and turned until 4:30 am. No joke. Between caffiene, repeating thoughts, and general stress, its been a challenge to get a peaceful night.

Finally, when I did fall asleep, after saying the rosary for about the 20th decade that night, I dreamed!

I dreamed a beautiful dream that I was a novice. You know, a postulant- a novitiate! I was in a full habit, minus the wimple, thank goodness and I was training with a small group of other women in order to be competent... um, nuns.

It was actually a great dream! I have said many times since the age of six, that I wanted to become a monk. A contemplative sister is a pretty good gig too. I have toyed with entering the lay order of Franciscans, but its just not quite commitment enough. I swear to you, when the kids are grown, I am checking into the nun-motel and never checking out.

I might mention that one of the most delicious parts of the dream was when I was walking on the grounds of the religious community, and a secular flirted with me! Lol. That hasnt happened in about twenty years, but you know how dreams are. Yeah, it was flattering to be flirted with, even in a dream. But the wondrous part was how I smiled at the man with complete knowing that GOD was my all and that no temptation of a human relationship could diminish or distract from that. Nice.

And, OK. I also have to confess that (in real life, not the dream) the costume is very important in my decision to become a nun. Its got to be a good one. Like the Missionaries of Charity have rockin' cool habits. They really need to be a bit medievalish to my eyes. No polyester skirts, and definately a head covering. I want the full Anti-Monty if you will.

Yeah, yeah. Maybe these are not the best reasons to want to become a nun. But they are the perks.

No comments:

Post a Comment