Monday, October 31, 2011

Fleece Tie Pillow Fun

We recently did a fun craft with that fun fleece that requires no hemming! Instead of making blankets, I thought pillows would be more well used. And I decided that circular pillows would be more fun than square.
We had a lucky find at our local fabric store- all materials we needed were 50% off! Yeah!
Each fabric measures about five-plus feet in width, and we ordered one yard of it. So it comes out to about 5x3 feet. Fold it over to cut both layers at once, and you should have plenty for a large round pillow.

Then stuff with polyester fill. Fill a little more than you think it needs. Without a pillow form it tends to squash down over time. However, you can always untie a few fringes and add more as needed.

First, each child picked a fleece that they loved!
Then I tried to use my largest mixing bowl as a circle template... but it wasnt as big as we liked.
So I used a four inch strip to measure and mark all around the bowl. That's the right size.
Leave an extra four inch trim OUTside the circle, and cut into one inch wide strips. On the circle, these will be slightly flared, diminishing toward the center.
Then tie.
Squeeze!!
The final product- Big Sister's has butterflies and fractals.
Little Brother made one too, with Chinese lantern fabric.
Very sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment